Monday, August 30, 2010

Then and Now

I know it has been a while since I have blogged, but I have good reason. Life/summer has been totally busy. I have made a ton of new friends, helped manage a barn and spend a great summer with my boys. School is getting ready to start and it' timeto beef up the BigRedHorse's training schedule. Kelsey and I sat on the computer one day and found all the local BN events. We hve picked one event for each month. Sept, Oct, and Nov. I can't wait. Starting Wednesday Setp. 8th, the BigRedHorse will be doing much, much more in order to prepare. We have already been working on our dressage, which desperately needs more work. I want to get in these three events in the next few months because....wait for it....I'm enlisting. I will be leaving for the Army in November or January. Olly will be cared for and periodically ridden by Kelsey. After this winter his "training" will be put on hold for 6 months. I am already missing him and kinda excited about getting him back in shape...funny how the mind works.

So, back to the fun stuff...

I decided to upload a video of Olly's first show. Now remember, that I hadn't ridden in say 7 years. I did take a few lessons, but nothing to get my muscles back in shape. My riding was shitty and Olly was just a wuss!


Ignore the wonderful comments from Husband.
Here are two of the latest videos of Olly and I. This is 17 months later.





Now, you tell me who has an awesome BigRedHorse??!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous31/8/10 07:29

    Haha, nice red/white/blue jump rails ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea yea yea! You two are wayyyyy more in sync..you are riding more from behind giving him confidence and longer reins on him now, it seems. He has changed a lot due to you, I'm sure! I have such crappy show videos on vhs from back in the day that I should convert, for some major laughs, lol!!

    ReplyDelete