Saturday, June 4, 2011

Long time no blog.....

Yes!! I am still alive and so is the BRH.
First a life update...don't worry I'll make it quick. I just recently moved out of my friends house and have my own apartment, in a not so prominent neighborhood. But it IS home and I pay for it with my own paycheck. I also have bought my own car, again it's not my 2009 Dodge Ram, but it feels good to have MY own things. I will take it!! I still am waiting on the custody of my boys. One more month. I see them all the time, but it's not the same. I want them ALL the time. I picked up a second job, which most of you know about, riding/training race horses. They run locally here in Williamsburg, Va. The first night I rode, I got thrown by a 4yo stud. He's huge and likes to buck and rear. Classic. I had never ridden a stud before so this was a new experience to me. Can you say defensive riding anyone?? After three weeks of swelling/pain in my knee from the fall I got x-rays...nothing, just sprained. I was advised to not ride--yeah--right. My knee is still sore occasionally, but you know how that goes.

Herc, right before he threw me.


Lucy


Sierra (CB-Crazy Bitch lol)
Sierra is my favorite. She is unpredictable and fast. You always have to be on your guard and ride her like you stole her. Her heart is in the game, I think one day she would be a great show jumper, but for now she races. I am hoping that by the time her racing career is over I will be able to afford her. That is how much I like her.

I love riding the horses. Just one more thing to add to my list of disciplines.
Barrel Racing
Jumping
Eventing
Reining
Polo
Racing
SWEET!

Now to the part y'all want to hear the BRH!!!
He is still in Indiana, I am hoping to make plans soon to get him here. Money is always the issue. He lost his boyfriend about a month ago due to a bad bacterial infection from stepping on a nail. I don't know the details, but the nail ended up penetrating the bone and just got worse from there. Kelsey was devastated and went home to visit. I stayed. She did ride the bucking-yes, that's right, bucking-BRH. He is huge and sassy. We found out that he doesn't necessarily befriend all theses horses he is attached to. He more like bully's them. YES! Can you believe it? The loving, sweet, caring BRH. Chris, Kelsey's mom, has to fend him off with a broom when he is in the stall. I think the BRH needs an ass whoopin'. Here is the BigRedHorse fat and happy.

BigFatHorse


Ben in the background


4 comments:

  1. You must be getting seriously ripped riding those race horses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are staying way busy. Way to be.

    The BFH is cracking me up. He looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BFH is big!!! Glad to hear you're getting back on your feet. Thinking/praying for you and your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoorah, I MISS the BFH. I like him fat! :)
    I'm sorry to hear about Kelsey's loss...that is just sad.
    Keep up the good work Momma, it will all work out in the end for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete