Saturday, February 4, 2012

This week has been interesting. The weather can't make up it's mind...cold and snow, then warm and rainy, oh, and back to cold and snow. I am very thankful for the warm breaks, but it makes the cold and snow that much more crappier. I have decided that if I take my riding clothes to work and change there, race to the barn (which is about 25 minutes away) and hustle saddling, I can ride for at least 30 minutes before it gets dark. Thirty minutes doesn't seem like a lot, but when you don't get to ride at all during the week due to no daylight, it's worth all the effort.
Monday I happened to walk outside while at work and noticed it was clear and warm out. How did this happen?? I have no idea. I made up my mind that I was going to ride. I didn't have a change of clothes, but I was going to make it happen.

I rushed out and hopped on for just a few minutes. I totally didn't have the right attire, but at this point I didn't care.
 Mom, it's 53* out, can the sleezy come off now??

Peacoat, slacks and muck boots--perfect for riding.

We rode in the arena for about 15 minutes. Tuesday was supposed to be even warmer. Score!
Tuesday I had brought my riding clothes to work. The BRH was going to have to put some effort into it. It was too dark to actually video, I tried. All I got was an Olly and Pru silhouette. Video-not so much. Stills-awesome.

This one is my fav.

Wednesday I fully intended to go out riding, but had lawyer issues and had to pass.
Friday we had us time. No riding just tons of scratching and loving.
Today, Saturday, I made sure the camera was charged and went out did some jumping and a short hack.
A few things I have noticed we have to work on:
-speed. I feel like we are racing to the jumps, but when I watch the video we are just cantering along. I think that I just need to maintain an even collected pace. Feel free to leave feedback blow.
-leads. Simple changes are just that, simple. I haven't really tried flying changes since we have been back at it, but This coming week, tomorrow, we will. There is no reason why we should still be doing simple changes.
-strides. As you will see in the video, we botched on of the tries at the log. Of course, this was my fault, but practice is practice.
What I do know, is that Olly has remembered way more than I expected. I just need to brave the weather and put the miles back on him to get back into shape.


Ever hear some one say "stick it where the sun don't shine?" I'm pretty sure whoever coined that phrase meant Indiana. It's always gloomy here.

2 comments: