Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away!

The past few days have been a bore. Nothing but rain! That didn't stop us Sunday. We started out, as usual, with a trail ride. There was a Richard Winters clinic at the barn so the arena was out of the question. We headed towards the trails, when I saw a few friends that attended the clinic. Detour-arena.
I stopped to talk to my most favorite personality, Dena. That woman care handle anything or anyone for that fact. Seemed like the day went well. As I was walking to the back of the field to take the "short" trail, I happened to notice one of the ladies that had Olly before me. She informed me that his mom is still on the ranch that she works at, Kawailoa Ranch. I was dying to know more. She told me that Olly's mom was part draft?! Seriously? This I would have to see for myself. Anyway...
Off to the trail. By the time we finished the "short" trail, the clouds were settling in. Should we go back to the barn or just tough it out? I decided to tough it out, by the time we would make it to the barn I am sure we would be soaked, so let's just have fun. Riding in the rain, anyone? Olly had it differently in his head. Most everything in his mind could eat him. He was on guard, but how can you be on guard when all you hear is rain saturating the entire area? Oh, he found a way. He was the most tense I have ever felt. It was a good experience for him. What happens when we are at an event and we HAVE to ride in the rain? Well we have that coverd now.
As we walked up the road to the barn, all soggy, we saw quite a few people walking around. It almost suprised Olly to see them. I think he knew what we were doing was crazy. Gotta love Hawaii, right?
Since we were all wet and no sign that we would be drying soon, I decided that I would just give him a bath. Why waste the good rain water? WE had fun standing in the rain soaking wet with soap everywhere. We were both sloshing by the time we were done.

No comments:

Post a Comment