Thursday, September 10, 2009

Confidence

This morning I woke up and stepped out side and it was freaking freezing out. I put my Wellies on and went back in the house to get a hoodie. It was already 0815 why was it so damn cold this early in Sept? Who knew...we aren't in Kansas, I mean, Hawaii anymore. After feeding I pulled out Olly's rain sheet and a netted fly sheet for Kiki. The sky was gloomy but it didn't call for rain. We would see.

After coming home from school I rushed to get things done so I could make it to my lesson. I was so excited to ride. I have been learning so much from this new trainer. She is awesome. One of her Oldenburg/Hanovarians go for 35K each. Tonight I got to ride one of her 3 yr olds. Amazing! Her name was Haily and she oh so reminded me of Olly. He was more built and balanced, but their minds were on the same wave length. Good, I need to ride a horse that is more like my own. What an hour this would be. We started out at a posting trot. Not too bad until we nearly ran into the rail. Remember!! 3 year olds need to be focused on. Olly had attention issues, but this was too much! After 2-3 times around the arena we were doing great. My legs were about to fall off from thigh, calf, thigh, calf thigh calf, inside leg, outside leg...well you get the picture. As the lesson went on, I started thinking, ya know, maybe this is why Olly is not as advanced as he should be. I am the one that is jacking him up...I learned so many new things tonight just dealing with leg usage I could choke a horse...lol. I can't wait to try them all out on Olly this weekend. I hardly used my hands, which is nothing new, but I mean hardly at all!
Lesson day is Thurs. I will have pics next time so you can see where I ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment