Sunday, April 18, 2010

Focus!!

So Lucinda commented on Olly's focusing. If I can keep myself focused, he will be better off. Today we set out to try all the new techniques we learned on Tues and Wed. Olly was wired. I also had a dressage whip with me. Lucinda suggested that I carry one. I think if I just hold it, it does its job. Here is the video of todays riding. My finger still is a bit ouch-y so I will let the video do the talking until I can get to typing better, you wouldn't believe how long it took me to type the Lucinda blog lol!!!


2 comments:

  1. stupid question..when u hopped off to fix jump, did u leave Olly's reins over his neck or on ground? Just curious...I would be nerv that Laz would have taken off and tangled himself and blah drama overthinking blah...but Olly is a good boy that stands still for his Momma. Did u train him for that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left them on his neck. If he were to step on them he would FLY backwards like a freight train! I didn't train him to do that. I would have never done that a year ago. I think he and I are starting to trust one another. I think you will be surprised how you much you and Laz are changing during this experience. He may have more respect for you once you start riding together again.

    ReplyDelete