Sunday, September 26, 2010

We are kinda awesome.....

My boys have started school this month and I have stepped up the BigRedHorses fitness. We have been doing alot more endurance riding and a bit less jumping. We have been doing trotting and cantering sets and more galloping, just to make sure we would get our times. I look back at the summer and think that I actually did too much jumping. I don't think I burned him out on it, but I do think he did get a little bored with it.
A few weeks ago Kelsey (my newest BFF) told me that she was going to a show, now Kelsey barrel races and is slowly being converted over  to a jumper (by moi). She also included that at this show it has a full cross counrty course. SCORE!!! I'm in!
I have a trial lined up on Oct 10, so I thought I better get crackin'. Since the show was a 3-day-er we would have to load up after work on Friday and head out. Two whole days of xc (cross country) AWESOME!!! The Deal: I take the kids, the dog, and my horse. In addition to Kelsey's horse and rabbit, Jake. I think we were crazy.
We pack up Friday after school/work and head out at 1700. Frying Pan Farm Park was 3hours and 30 minutes away. It was gonna be fun (note sarcasm). We end up getting there late, well after dark. We found a great spot next to a jumping arena and out of the way. We just get settled into bed and sleep and we are woke up by Olly wanking the shit outta the trailer. He snaps the lead rope and takes off. I jump outta bed (still in my undies) and haul out of the trailer to get my horse, because he clearly thinks he is in charge. I tie him with our other lead rope and get back into bed. Morning comes and we are all too excited. FYI there is absolutley NO reason to be up at 0630 on a Saturday morning. Buuuut since the kids were with, there was no going back to bed.
We go register for classes and hit the course. Here are some of the videos. Just to let you know these videos are NOT edited, mainly because I just got a new camera and still haven't converted the QuickTime to the editing software that I have. It sucks, but you get to see all good stuff, no short cuts. lol

Colton was worried about the bank....love my boys!!


This one is my FAV!!!!















After the xc course, kelsey had her run.

Yes, she fell....



Day 2
Will be posted tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous26/9/10 22:35

    You guys look awesome! Your favorite is mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweee Thanks Stace! I wish you were here so we could go kick ass! Maybe we need to add a xc course to our jumper barn idea....? Whatta ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy awesome videos...I could watch this ALL DAY! You guys are so at a new awesome level, it's nuts!!! LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the bright red on your boy. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete