Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dressage, check. XC, check. Show jumping, check. Barrel racing and roping, ummmmm....check??

Last week Kelsey asked if I would like to accompany her to a barrel racing show to benefit breast cancer. I was like, totally. She did make sure to add that this would be a child free weekend. I would be attending solo, since this was not a BigRedHorse event.
Well, today after returning from work, I was presented with an offer.

Remember when I said that the BigRedHorse was kept on a cow ranch on Oahu? Well, see, I was told that he was roped off of and he wasn't too shabby at it. I am not sure how much I believe this....

So Kelsey says, Pru...I heard that Olly has had some experience with roping and cows. I knew instantly Husband let the cat outta the bag. Since this event is purely for the benefit of breast cancer, I can't really make an arguement. What is $50 for a class? Hardly an arguement. I was cornered. I have no other option but to say yes. So, November 20th the BigRedHorse will be donning a western saddle (borrowed, of course) and we will be attempting a barrel pattern and break away roping. For a cause...remember?
Thursday I will be heading to the nearest Tractor Supply to by a rope. I will be practicing a little. And YES, I will be sure to take the camera. I know none of you want to miss this. Oh, and a little FYI, the last time I was in a western saddle was when I was 21. And for those of you who don't know, that was quite a few years ago. Get ready all, the BigRedHorse is about to get more awesome.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME. I have always said that when Cruizer is done showing, I want to try roping and working some cows off of him, just to see how Quarter Horse he really is ;)

    That sounds like a BLAST. can't wait to see the pictures (video!?!?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will LOVE this and of course rock it! I worked at a ranch for a summer in college and it was total western fun. I learned to rope and got really good at it. It's a thing that u have to practice and then one day, you totally get it. Can't wait to see pics of Olly dolled up like a Barbie Western Dream horse! ;)

    ReplyDelete