Sunday, October 10, 2010

Who? ME??! US??!

Over the past few weeks, I have been hearing that I can give off the impression that I am a powerful, I own everything around me, type attitude. Now, I can't really deny these allegations....but I do want to say that I am a very respectful person. Let me explain.

First, I have no tolerance for bullsh*t. I pay $280 a month (inexpensive for some board) for a crappy, non-safety complying stable. Our arena is never tilled because ODR (outdoor recreation) doesn't seem to think that we need it. We have to mow our own grass and work four hours a month to maintain the stable. On top of all that, we have the lowest/cheapest food possible offered to our horses. I buy my own food and hay to feed Olly in addition to their 10% pellets. Olly even refuses to eat the stable hay after eating the hay I bought.
So, do I walk around the stable like I own it? Hell, yes! I pay monthly, clean and maintain, and make sure my horse is fed properly. I sure do act like I own that place. Now, here is where the line fades. Do I pay and work hard EVERYwhere else? Probably not. Does my attitude carry over to everywhere else...no...maybe...ok, yes.
Today Olly, Ben , Kelsey and I went out riding. We didn't gear up like all the other days. We just wanted to go where ever we wanted...like we owned the whole post.

Over bridges...

Big bridges...

We owned the sidewalks...afterall the BigRedHorse is somewhat of a pedestrian...

The ATM...Kelsey needed some cash.

And the construction sites. The building to the right is a bank.Bhind it is the PX and Commissary.



After our 9 mile ride we went back to the barn and groomed. I love spending time with my BigRedHorse.

His ears were broken in this picture....

Oh, and check out Olly's new halter!! Kelsey found a website that sold Jolly Roger items. How cool is that. Olly has his own Jolly Roger halter!! Can this horse get any cooler? Yeah, he probably will. lol

I got one ear to work...

In the end, I give everyone a fair chance. I try to remain respectful and understanding.

Oh, and an update on my "job" status. I recently got a job at the post veterinary clinic, just until I enlist. (Which, I hear may be Jan or even as late as March.) No worries, I'm still going...it's just a matter of when. In the mean time, I have been doing push-ups, sit-ups and my runs to keep ahead of the game. I should be finding something out from my recruiter here in the next week or two. I will keep you guys updated.

2 comments:

  1. Haters suck, just keep your eyes forward like sweet Olly's ears (when riding).
    Btw-I can't understand the level of trust that horse has for you! It's so awesome
    I'm pretty sure Laz would throw me off that bridge and then jump off himself, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha! Thank you Kristen! I love you! olly and I do different thigs all the time. I think that is why our trust for each other is always growing. Today we went across a HUGE wooden bridge and 3 sets of stairs. He just got more awesome...lol!!
    FYI...I think that you and Laz have a great relationship. You would be surprised at how much he trusts you. You have been there for him through his roughest times. He does everything for you mama. He is not learning FROM you, he is learning FOR you. You guys are a great pair!

    ReplyDelete