Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dressage anyone?????

The past few days the rain has been drenching. The ground is so soft that I really didn't want to jump that much. Do I donnedon my dressage saddle and loose-ring french link and went for it. A few days ago I attempted a half-pass....not bad for the first time but not good either. So today I broke out the whip. I have never ridden him with a whip, I actually had to buy one for the Lucinda Green clinic I am going to in April, I also had to buy spurs...the two things you would never think my horse would need. I also have been riding in my tall boots. My mom got them for me for Christams and I thought I better start breaking them in now, because when it comes show time, those heels are gonna be level if I don't.

I haven't quite figured out how to fix this problem though.....

I ordered a 9W tall boot, well it is too tall. I mean i am 5'8", how can a boot be too tall? In order to ride or even get on I have to unzip the back. I am pretty sure that the judge will not approve. I thougt about tayloring them, but they were only $120. Not the best, but I only show like 10 times in a year and hat is if I am lucky. I can't quite rationalize $300 to Husband yet. Any ideas???

So without further ado...HERE is the half pass...second attempt.

Dressage Bridle

He was tired from all that bending. "Why can't I just haul ass mom?"

3 comments:

  1. Love the Blue pants:) He is such a pretty boy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are my practice breeches...

    ReplyDelete
  3. as you wear and break in your boots they will be lower on the back of your leg, with wrinkles around your ankles. So being too tall while new is normal.

    ReplyDelete