Friday, March 26, 2010

For better of ofr worse?

Just a short update for any of you that are following. Last night when I went out to check Olly's sheath, it seemed to be decreasing in size. Part of me wondered if it was me just being hopeful or if it really was. I talked to Kristen at Sweet Horses Breath told me that her horse Laz had an inflammed sheath and ended up having stomach ulcers. it scared me. The vet wasn't able to come out til next week. I decided to skip the bute.
You will be happy to know that this morning it wasn't just being hopeful. Olly's sheath has significantly decreased in size. It is still inflammed but tons better. I still have him on regulated hay intake and exercise and I do regular "tick checks." i am not sure if any of these things were the cause or even contributed, but he is getting better for the most part. His attitude is still the wonderful little puppy it has always been.

As for tomorrow?? We are going. I have entered into 6 classes. 4 jumping and 2 flat. There WILL be pictures to come. Today I have my hands full not only preparing for the show, but preparing my house for a full day of 3 unattended children and my hubby. Now one would say well your hubby is there....ummmm yes, he will. I forsee junk food and tv. My boys will have a blast vegging out with dad. 

This is what I have to work with

Bath, banding and keeping my I-love-to-roll-in-mud horse clean....good thing I have his rain sheet, sleezy and wraps ;)

3 comments:

  1. Just dawned on me--- when we lived in VA and had to deal with that horrific tick problem, I somehow found out that Tea Tree Oil helped keep ticks off of my red colts sheath and inner stifles. My bay TB mare too used to have problems w/ them, and once I rubbed in tea tree oil along her mane, midline, teats, and inner stifles she was happier.

    Worth a try for tick repellent! (Got my bottle at WalMart for under $10.)

    Hope this clears up soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear he is feeling better!!! Good luck at the show! XO

    ReplyDelete