Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Who....? Me?

A big Thank You to Kristen (Sweet Horse's Breath ) for tagging me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. I have recently found that I have more followers than I thought. I think that if anyone deserves this award it is her and her beautiful boy Laz, not me. But here goes.....


The rules: state 7 things about yourself and then tag 15 others.

1. I got my first horse when I was four and I haven't stopped riding since. She was a huge (or so I thought at the age of 4) quarter horse with major arthritis. I was pretty much the only one light enough to ride her. After getting hooked my parents had no choice but to get me a horse to keep me quiet. When I was 22 I sold my horse when I was 5 months pregnant (and i was still riding...shhhhh). I took lessons until my three boys started school and then bought my BigRedHorse, Olly.

2. I have three boys, ages 8, 6 and 6. The last two are twins. They are the neatest experience in my life and I wouldn't want it anyother way. My days are filled with crazy ideas and laughter. I could never anticipate their next move. I love them with all my heart.


3. We are an Army family. My husband is in the Military, which at first, I thought was a downfall. Now I would't chnge it for the world. I am so proud of my husband. We move every three years or so and I love traveling the world, or the US so far.


4. I want to three-day event so bad, I can freaking taste it. I grew up barrel racing and needed the adrenaline. I thought that it couldn't get any better, until I started jumping. I took my first jumping lesson from a family friend, Shawn , when I was 15 and I knew that this was something I wanted to do. Since then I have dreamed of the xc courses and the 4 ft jumps in show ring.

5. I love my BigRedHorse. I don't what I would do with out him. His is such a puppy dog. I could spend hours out with him and not bat an eye. He appreciates anything I do for him without question. His personality is set apart from any other horse I have ever had. He has been known to give attitude, but I think that is why I love him so much. He is just another addition to my family.

6. I just enrolled in nursing school. I went to Purdue for animal sciences and became a veterinary technician right out of high school. I LOVE the job. It is my dream job. There is nothing more rewarding than helping an animal to the best of your capabilities. I have chosen a career change because my son was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes at the age of three. It has been a constant balancing act to keep his blood sugar in control. Anyone ever tell a 6 year old they can't eat with out first getting an injection of insulin? It sucks. He is one of the most responsible 6 year olds I have ever seen, but it still breaks my heart. So I have decided to make his life better (and the pay isn't that bad either) by enrolling into nursing school. Wish me luck!!!

AND.....
7. I can't help but to have as many animals as possible. We lived in Hawaii for three years and I totally miss it. But I was unable to have the little farm I had pictured in my head. As soon as we got here to Virginia I started collecting. I brought Olly with me, he was just the tip of the iceburg. Now we have a pony for my son, a cow, which we are going to be seeing in the freezer in another few months, a goat, whom supplies our milk supply (not for me, I pass), three dogs, two Danes and a maltese, and a bird (he also came from Hawaii). Oh, and we just ordered some chickens, they should be getting here shortly.

So for the 15 that I will pass it on to.....

1. Stacey and Klein She has a gorgous Perch, which she jumps. She is one of the most dedicated and interesting people I know. She is my BFB (best friend blogger) lol. If you haven't read her blog, START! She has trained her perch from day one. No one else has set foot on her back.

2. Andrea and Go-Go She has Holsteiner which has overcome just about everything on this earth AND is still AWESOME! She is now recovering from an injury from her last xc course. Check out her progress.

3. Fay She doesn't have a horse, now, but I used to ride in high school with her. She now has a cooking blog that is amazing! She shares wonderful recipes on her blog, even if you don't like to cook, she has great ideas.

4. Shannon-Bitches in Breeches This girl blogs what is on her mind and isn't shy to say what she is feeling. She has had some interesting experiences throughout her journey. Check out her blog, it will keep you wanting to read more.

5.I Will Jump Sweet Jumps I love reading her blog, she is a great jumper in New Zealand. I have learned alot from just reading. She has three horses, which are totally different in every way. Connie and Kate are her two jumpers. Follow their jumping adventures at her blog.

Sad as I am to say, my boys are home today for a snow day and I am running out of time. Here are the remaining blogs. They are all great blogs I follow, and I encourage everyone to take a look. Just because I haven't given them an intro doesn't mean they are any less interesting.




1 comment:

  1. Best of luck for you going back to nursing school! AND you are my hero, a Mom of three and still riding AMAZINGLY at that too...that is my goal for when we start having kids!

    ReplyDelete