Saturday, July 24, 2010

Earlier in the week I promised Husband that I would take the weekend off from riding and spend some time with the family. See our weekday schedule goes something like this...
Monday thru Friday Husband gets up at 0500 to got to PT. I get up with the kids around 08-0900. The kids and I spend time doing fun and active projects. We go to the barn and play "Army guys," or go to the pool, or just do some crafts. Husband gets home at 1700. We have a family dinner and I go off to ride until 2000. When I get back home I put the kids in bed, since Husband is tired and ready to hit the hay himself, and after everyone is asleep I go for a run. So, see there leaves hardly any family time for the family as a whole. This weekend is family time. Now that we have that outta the way....
I still had to go to the barn and muck. Since the river is right across the road, Husband dropped me off and he took the kids. I ran inside the barn and grabbed the mucking "tools." While walking-briskly-I saw my boy in the paddock...he was way out there but I called to him anyway. He whinnied and went back to eating. I got the job done in just a few minutes. I also had to do a friends stall, but he is waaaaay cleaner than Olly. So on my way out I look up and there is Olly standing right at the fence. I couldn't just walk by. So I went to give him a hug. When I get closer he is panting like he had been running. Now, I know he was out in the paddock, but he is pretty fit and I wouldn't expect him to be winded that much. I do, however, think the heat played a huge role.

I snapped this pic at the local Walgreens today...

I grabbed the hose and started soaking. He was in heaven! I was on one side of the fence and I was on the other. I will let the pictures explain...

That hit the spot!!

Ooooo down the neck.....

Hold on...I have to itch...

Utopia....

See the lip...lol

My mom is better than your mom....

Playin' in the puddle...

He was feeling much better.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous25/7/10 00:00

    It's like that here too, it'll be 8pm and still 90 degrees out.

    How cute, playin' in the puddles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw sweet boy...he so enjoyed that! The heat is intense isn't it. Laz is seeming to do OK but we do lots of hosing treatments too. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like one appreciative horse!

    ReplyDelete