Monday, April 13, 2009

Back to riding.


Today was the first day we went for a ride after the back "injury." Since I do not have my saddle yet we went commando.
My Easter started out heading for the barn. As I am on my way I get a text messege from Stacy telling me that Olly is flipping out because he is missing his girlfriend/paddock buddy Klein. As I get there he is dang near attached to the back fence (it butts up to Klein's paddock). He sees me and runs to see what treats he can get today.
As I get him out he is totally ready to go somewhere. Anywhere but his stall and paddock. Typical TB! I finally get to use the new stuff that I got in the mail. New bridle, reins and breast collar. I got them after he hurt his back so it has all been waiting for me in the tack room. As I put the bridle together he can't even stand still. I feel bad because we aren't going for a long ride since he is just getting bak to activity. Poor guy! I debated whether I should use my dressge saddle or just wait until I get my Wintec. As you can tell by the picture, I decided to wait. We went to a short ride up and down a few hills to stretch and then back to the barn. He was such a good boy, except for that rock on the corner of the road, I guess it eats big red horses....it missed him this time. All-in-all we had a good ride and are ready to go a bit further tomorrow. I will be posting our progress and schedule soon, as soon as I figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment