Friday, April 17, 2009

Obsessive much?


So I am a day or two behind, but we figured out why Olly is laying down...without back pain. Wednesday Stacy and I made a time to go out and ride. I got to the barn and did the normal routine. Loving, brushing and taking care of everyday chores. As Stacy arrives, we decide to take Klein away and leave Olly in his paddock, just to see what he does when she is gone. Wow! He wasn't happy lets put it that way. He was running and jumping and kicking out as she leaves his sight. She was only gone for a minutes, which to him ,I am sure, felt like an eternitity. As she reappears he runs to get as close to her as possible. Running along the fence until she reaches her paddock. What a crazy boy! But I love him. So, on to the next task at hand. This situation with him laying down in the saddle. He has never layed down while I am on him, just as we are leaving the barn. Like he just doesn't want to go for a ride. So Wednesday, we decided to try it with Klein standing there. I saddle him up and wait for Stacy and Klein to head towards our barn. I really didin't think it was going to matter much whether she was there or not, at least someone would see him do it other than me. So i get on his bridle and without tightening the cinch we walk away from the barn. Klein and Stacy on the near side, the barn on the off side. NOTHING!!!! That litttle brat! He was perfectly fine!!! I guess we now know what the true problem was. He never wanted to leave Klein. She completes him! lol.



Off to the arena. We set up a few ground pole 4' apart making a collect trot and two ground poles 6'6" apart to use as a center for two circles. A figure basically. Again, it sounds boring, but we gave it a try anyway. Stacy and Klein are on the other end of the arena TRYING to calm themselves for some jumping and Olly and I are on the other end trying to stay focused. Not happening on either end! These two kids are nuts! After about 20 minutes of walking and 5 minutes of troting and not getting anywhere, I decide to go on a 25 minute trail ride. Oh, the focus has changed. On the way AWAY from the arena Olly is totally pissed that he cannot be with Klein and She is in the arena whinnying. We can't catch a break! On the way back from the tail ride Olly can't even walk. He is trotting and prancing all the wayto get back to his girl. Time to call it a day. Finally they are together again on the way back to the barn. They are happy as can be. It was the most productive, unproductive day I have ever experienced!

No comments:

Post a Comment