Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Preparing for the show

On Friday afternoon Olly got his new shoes on. His feet were getting long and it seemed that his shoes were too small. Our new ferrier, Gen, was out to make the magic happen. Not only were his toes getting too long, his shoes were too small AND they were put on wrong. Go figure. Thanks Gunstock...After getting the shoes correctly put on, we went through the "show procedure."
First, was the bath. Olly has 3 white socks. You wouldn't have known with all the red dirt here. They just blended right in. So after scrubbing for 15 minutes, he was finaaly clean. On next to the mane and tail. I didn't braid his mane just banded it. It was getting late so I had to hurry, no electricity in the barn, ya know. I wrapped his legs, to attemp to keep the whites, white and put on a sleezy to help keep the bands neat. Upon returning him to the paddock, all the neighboring horses (Klein and Dollar) didn't know what to think. Is it a new horse or just a ninja horse? The sleezy really through them off. I crossed my fingers that all of the prepping would pay off and headed home. I have no pics to post of my "ninja horse" because my computer crashed and I didn't get a chance to back up my pics, so you will have to use your imagination on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment