Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Even Better Today! Yeah!!!!

This morning I pull up at the barn and notice that this white pigeon has been hanging around. One of the ladies at the barn seems to think it is a dove and keeps leaving water for it...out of the cat bowl. Interesting.

The "dove"
I continued back to Olly's stall. I unwrapped his legs and took a peek. Nice. The swelling had decreased. Now, only if it would last throughout the day.

Not too shabby!

The view from the inside...
I cold hosed again for 15 minutes. I have been doing this three times daily. The kids are loving going to the barn all the time. They get to take their bikes and play "Army guys." When I took him back to his stall I gave him a sprinkle of bute on his sugar cubes. I doubted he would eat it, but it was worth a shot.
By the time lunch rolled around I was anxious to see what his leg would look like. Yesterday, it was like a freaking balloon. To my surprise, it wasn't too bad! There was still some inflammation, but you could totally see definition! WIN!!!

Again, what is with the standing on the hurt leg??

Again, cold hosed for 15 mins and then I headed to make the rest of my jumps. I got everything out and ready to go and the first hole I drilled barely made it through. Why? Because I forgot to plug my drill in last night and the battery was dead. SUPER! So I packed everything up, including my boys, and went home to finished up some things there.

I planned on making the after dinner/evening cold hose a family affair, but quickly found out that Husband was on extra duty. Some one has to do it. So as soon as dinner was finished I piled everyone back in the truck to do the last hosing of the day. I am sure that all the soldiers in the training area next to the stables were thinking, "what in the hell is she doing here all thie time?" I had driven by 6 times total today.
Olly's leg was still a bit filled when I got there but it didn't look any worse than lunch. Another WIN! I recruited one of the boys to help hose while I scrubbed the fly spray residue off his back. I have had to come out and spray him twice daily since it is too hot for his fly sheet. Poor boy. Travis did a great job, then again how hard is it to hold a hose?

Still inflammed, but better.



After the hosing was over I broke out the scissors. That's right...I cut his tail. Time to mke it look professional. I did have the clippers with me, but they don't work as well after hosing your horse. I could have thought that one through better.


It is still perfect, even cut.

Travis, sporting the new do. lol
Since the grooming didn't take that long, I wrapped his hinds for the night and let him eat some grass on the way to his stall. I added a few sprinkles of bute again to his sugar cubes and called it a night. Now all I had to do was finish my jumps. I brought the plug in drill this time...no wussy battery stuff. I was just finishing the last few holes on the first standard and Tif walks up and says "I hope that is a 1/2 inch bit." I was like I am sure it is. It's pretty big. Well, again with the thinking through...it wasn't. Today was just not my day. I will have to get a bigger bit for tomorrow and I swear to you those jumps WILL be finished.
He looks so content.

No comments:

Post a Comment