Saturday, June 19, 2010

Non-Fox Fox Hunting!!

Yesterday evening we set out to go on another long hack. I normally like to do arena work, but it has been so boring and hot. We have found so many new things to do while out on the trail we are both starting to enjoy just going where ever the wind takes us.
I made sure I had my Garmin and we went for the longest hack that we have done in months. I think it took us 2 hours to mosey 6.68 miles. We w-t-c, went up and down and over some jumps. We stood on things and walked over things that we have never encountered before. Olly is getting used to the whole I guess cuz mom said do it, I have to do it. He is really being a great sport. I think weare ready for a horse trial. Now, I am not saying we are gonna win the thing, or even place. I just think we could complete one. My goal for this year is to complete on horse trial.

Here is a video of Olly and I doing our on-the-side-of-the-road-jumping. Otherwise known as Non-Fox-Fox-Hunting as Megan puts it.



I forgot to turn down the background noise...grrrrr!

2 comments:

  1. That is so SICK cool!!!!!!!!!!!! I am loving your new adventures that Olly takes in stride, literally! U two look awesome and happy to be playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Is that rope bridle the Kensington one? I got him the pad and have been considering the blue rope halter b/c we are (or I am) in MAJOR light blue phase right now. I may never leave it. And your horse looks good in Red! I will never do red myself b/c I am a redhead and I have been tormeneted by red, by I like it on other people's horses! And I am SO OD'd on hunter green.... :) Jumps looked fun, that is about what Jackson and I are jumping, he would rather do the ones out and about then school in a ring, or should I say I PREFER it too, luckily we have a XC course at the Equitherapy place where I volunteer with jumps.... Have fun, jump hard, and wear your helmet!

    ReplyDelete