Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I still love the BigRedHorse!

I got a new project that I started yesterday. This is the tri-color that I have been eyeballing in the paddock. His conformation is far from perfect, and he is a spit fire...but I can't help but be drawn to him. I love the way he looks and he loves attention. I guess I am a sucker for guys that love my attention...my hubby (lol), Olly and now Diesel. What can I say??! So, a little background on tricolor (Diesel). He is a 5-6 yo QH gelding. His dad is Active Army and has NO time to ride. Diesel is just sitting in the paddock doing what ever the hell he wants. He has made friends with Olly...
I love his color, and like I said before his conformation is kinda crappy, but he is totally sound. He is normally (if 2-3 rides is considered normally) ridden in a western saddle with a "snaffle," what ever that means...My interpretation? My english saddle and a french link D-ring. He did pretty good. Diesel and I have a long way to go, but I have high hopes for him. Here is the video!




I also am going to try to tidy up the barn and make it a place to be able to hold shows and make some money. Hopefully.

Olly is doing much better. I still haven't brought myself to ride him though. He isn't showing any signs of being lame, but his has some teeny-tiny swelling still. Since i will be leaving for Indiana tomorrow morning, I have decided to let him have his time off and we will resume work when I get back. Two weeks off, in addition to the two weeks he has already had, should be plenty of time.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh he's a cutie!!!!!! Enjoy your vaca and let me know if u are near me and Laz! xoxo

    ReplyDelete